Last Layout (LO) for Scraps of Darkness November Kit

I sure hope that all my American friends had a lovely Thanksgiving.  I had my two children, a son-in-law, 2 grandsons and hubby for dinner.  But, wait!  There is more!!  I have 1 dog, my son has one, and my daughter has 4, so that’s 6 dogs.  We have 1 cat and my daughter has 2, so that’s 3 cats.  And… daughter offered to puppy sit for a friend leaving town.  So, I had a total of 10 animals and 7 humans for 4 days.  Yes, the house is still standing, no there aren’t any broken dishes (thank goodness)!  A good time was had by all. 

We have so much to be thankful for, I thank God every day for all the blessings he has bestowed upon me. 

I am sharing my last layout (lo) using the Scraps of Darkness (SOD) November kit.  I could play with this kit for a long time, and would not get bored with it.  This is a photo taken last year of me and my grandsons Chase and Cameron.  Lighting was horrible outside, as it was very overcast. 

I got the idea of creating a big butterfly covered with fussy cut butterflies from the Bo Bunny paper included in the kit.  I was afraid it would be too busy, but I had so much fun playing around with the design. 

I started with the background paper using Bo Bunny, spread a layer of gel medium on it, and then started playing with inks.  I used two different colors of ink to get a soft yellow with a hint of orange.  I started playing my inks to get some fun splatters.  I actually used 2 orange, 2 browns, and one black inks to get the effect I wanted. 

I started stamping at the bottom of the butterfly to give it a look of flight, and then added some script stamping around the edges of the butterfly. 

I drew a large butterfly to use as a foundation for the lo.  I used 5 different colors of sequins to outline it. 

There is a wonderful page of Bo Bunny stickers which I used as the title at the bottom of the photo, which describes exactly how I feel each and every day.  In the Floral Add On are these beautiful Petaloo flowers. 

The butterfly’s head is a beautiful Prima trinket which was included in a previous kit.  I topped it off with some black flourishes from my stash to create antenna. 

Last, but certainly not least I fussy cut several butterflies from one of the Bo Bunny papers from the kit.  There are a total of 12 butterflies.  I folded the wings up, and then started to work with their placement.  What fun I had!!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by to visit.  Only 26 days until Christmas!!!!

Our December kit should be one sale now, I will post a pic of it later.  If you are interested in picking one up you can go to  I hope you consider joining us.