Vintage Halloween Series with Scraps of Darkness

I know that it's past Halloween, but I am on a roll with my vintage Halloween series of layouts (los) to hang on my wall next year.  I really wanted to create a similar Charlie Brown the Great Pumpkin with this sweet little lo.  It was so easy to do with the fabulous Scraps of Darkness October kit "Haunted".  I only have one more lo that I am working on that's for Halloween and then on to Winter and Christmas. 

Sooooo, let's get started with 3 different papers from the Bo Bunny "Wicked" collection included in the Main Kit.  I ripped two strips from the one with the yellow background and little pumpkins.  I used them behind the top paper.  Then I placed 2 pieces of corrugated cardboard that I also ripped.   I used another 3 different papers from kit to mat my photo.  I also used a Tim Holtz Rub On which came in the Elements Add On in the top right side of the photo.

On the right side I used a cardstock sticker of the tree and owl, which came in a previous SOD Halloween kit. I popped it up off the page with little cardboard pieces so that I could get some dimension and place the spooky elements at the bottom of the tree.

At the bottom of my tree I created a little collage using the gorgeous Petaloo burlap flowers that come in the Floral Add On.  I fussy cut a few little pumpkins from the same yellow background paper that I used at the top and bottom of the lo.  I used Black Diamond Stickles on all the pumpkins making different designs on each of them.  The same paper has really cool skulls, so I cut one out and used it at the base of the tree.  I used a Prima die and cut several oak leaves from another paper from the Main Kit.  I placed a little twine on the top of the flowers, and added the phrase from the same sticker collection as the tree. 

I glued my photo down and used a title at the bottom from Anna Griffin.  At the top left side of the lo I layered another title from a previous SOD kit and matted it with scraps from the papers I used under the photo.  The little flower came in a previous kit.  I also added the "31", which is another Anna Griffin title. 

On to create my pumpkin patch.  I started with a large piece of cheesecloth from the Creativity Add On and glued it down.  Next I used the pumpkin chipboard from Blue Fern Studios that comes in the Main Kit.  I used acrylic paint for the leaves and embossed the pumpkin with the Lindy's Embossing Powder also included in the Main Kit.  I fussy cut the orange background of the pumpkins from another paper in the kit and glued it behind the chipboard.  I added tendrils to the top of the pumpkins which I made from Prima's corded wire from my stash.  I also added copper micro beads from Finnabar all over the pumpkins and at the base of the collage.  I tucked in some little green and black flowers that came in previous kits.  And, finally my pumpkin patch is finished.  Yay!  It's so much fun when things come together. 

We had our first snow 3 weeks ago, so Fall is officially over in Alaska.  I do love winter and it is definitely on its way. 

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Please drop me a note, I'd so love to hear from you.  Remember you can purchase Scraps of Darkness or Scraps of Elegance kitshere

Till next time!

Kathy